I will, as soon as I can.


I will, as soon as I can.
You spend time with me daily, yet
I don’t believe you can possibly understand.

All the turmoil in my environment,
I’m just happy to be alive.
You see your focus is teaching me while
mine is simply to survive.

Parents working nightly
just to make ends meet.
Me at home cooking and cleaning after school
so my siblings and I can eat.

I am not looking for sympathy,
But I need you to know
Your judgment and condescending words of ignorance
must go.

I will as soon as I can.
It’s nothing you can rush
What I need  is positive school relationships
With adults, I can trust.

Greet me in the morning,
Ask me how I’m doing.
Show me that you care
About my interests and what I think about pursuing.

I will as soon as I can.
Right now  it’s just not a priority,
But with your  belief in me each day,
I will experience victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chin Up Little Black Girl

FUNds for College

Season Opening....